Every month MBNW runs a social ride on the last weekend of the month, the kind chaps at The Edge Cycleworks have offered to sponsor the rides by way of contributing towards the yearly insurance, in addition to this any MBNW member will receive 10% discount in-store at any branch of The Edge Cycleworks, please advise staff when purchasing.
Dates and Venues – Check the Forum for more details
2015 Forum Rides
January – Llandegla + Masts
February – Revenge On Elin
March – Conwy Mountain
April – Summittoppler Day Out
May – Berwyn’s
June – Cowlyd Capel Loop
July – WayFarer
August – Dyfi Forest
September – Clwyds
October – Marin Twisted
November – Pie Run Llangollen
December – Coedy Xmas Mashup
Founded in 1998 – One of the UKs first bicycle boutiques now one of the Northwest’s leading bike stores.
There are hundreds of bike shops now in the UK and to be fair there are some pretty good ones out there, so why do so many people choose us as their favourite bike shop? Well the biggest difference between us and our competitors is that we care. Not about being the biggest, not about selling the most bikes, not about having the biggest promotions.
We care about you, not about the sale. We care about our staff. More specifically we care about hiring people that try their absolute hardest to be the best at what they do. We care about making sure you get the right advice about your bike, your kit and your riding. If somethings doesn’t fit or the bike you’re looking at is the wrong size – we’ll tell you.
Our staff have a wealth of experience to offer you. Some examples of experiences gained
- European Triathlon Gold Medalist
- Running one of the busiest MTB Trail Centres in the UK
- National level and Elite Category Road Cyclists
- 5 Years Experience Running Stores and riding on the Canadian North Shore
- Specialist “Bike Fit” Qualified staff.
- Qualified Personal Trainer
We involve ourselves in cycle advocacy not marketing. Organizing rides, funding local riding guides, sponsoring races, school tune-ups, subsidised rider training and skills courses. These are the things we want to invest in. These are the things that will help us all as cyclists in the future. Some examples of how we’ve been involved recently to support cycle useage include:
- Working closely with Colin Down (Previosly of Flat Tyres MTB). Colin is our MTB guide and also the guy behind the extensive routes section of our site. He is also the person responsible for the Rider Training we consider so important for riders getting the most out of their bikes and favourite trails.
- Adding Recreational route guides to our MTB trails section so families and hybrid users can get the most out of their local area
- Free Bike Check at Chester Primary schools to help kids understand their bike a little better
- We have support many events and series at the Salt Ayre Circuit in Lancaster over the years. From a Cyclocross to Criterium Racing.
- Providing the loan of equipment for the Queen’s School Chester’s Jubilee Event
- Regular support of charity rides and Events
Our online shop offers you all the great products we sell instore, in the comfort of your own home.
Orders over £10 are available with FREE UK delivery. TNT or Royal Mail.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our stores soon,
All The Team, The Edge Cycleworks